Ola folks~ This be the start of my soon to be famous web presence. Hope it entertains you as much as it does me.
It was an interesting time getting this guy going, as I bought the truck from a friend of the family. It needed a new transmission, so I dredged up the long unused mechanical skills (some would argue that they ever existed), pretended I was a ‘real man’ and with the help of Josh Morse, got the transmission pulled, rebuilt and put back in.
- Number of Bud Light cans consumed during process: 18
- Nights of fun in heated garage: 2
- Temperature of said garage: 70F
- Temperature of concrete floor under truck : -145F
- Number of cats who decided that the floor was their toilet: 2
- Amount of carpet removed from floor due to stinking like cat pee: 1/2 garage
- Number of times cat shit was found due to scent rather than looking at floor: 5
- Number of cases of ATF fluid used: 1.2
- Knuckles sacrificed to the shitty tool gods: 1, albiet twice.
- Semi truck lug nut wrenches used for nefarious purposes: 1 (used to get the transfer case filler plug out. Who uses blue Locktite on a f*in filler plug?)
- Times Nic had to stop working because he was in danger of wetting pants from laughing so hard: 30
- Times Nic had to stop working becuase he was in danger of wetting pants due to leaking ATF fluid: 2
- Extra parts: 2 wires for reverted overdrive, 1 washer.
For those of you who care: 1982 Chevy 1/2 Ton. Rebuilt 400 with just rebuild Turbo 350. Lock out hubs, dual gas tanks, and 31″x10.50″ tires. Beefy. Interior is good, and I think I will be able to get groceries in it 😉